The Essentials Packing List By Emma Murphy
(Inspired by Tracy Murphy Travel Hacks and All the Things I’ve Forgotten Over the Years)
The Real Important Stuff:
- Take a picture of your passport on your phone and also make a hard copy
- If you’re someone who feels more comfortable having your passport with you at all times, consider a passport belt/small fanny pack that can be worn under your clothes (this is safer than carrying it in a purse or backpack)
- Credit/debit cards and currency
- Make sure to include small bills of the local currency for tips!
- Itinerary and all travel documents, reservation confirmations, etc.
Toiletries and Stuff:
- Glasses and extra contact lenses
- Sunglasses. I forget them every time.
- Travel sizes of toiletries if you’re only taking carry-on
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Deoderant is generally a good idea
- Facewipes are great for trips where you’ll be physically active
- Femine hygeine products
- Face wash and moisturizer, and all of your other daily regimen items
- FAMILY TRAVEL PRO TIP: dramamine for the little one that gets motion sick and an easily accessible plastic bag if it fails:) it happens to the best of us.
Clothes are Cool:
- Underwear. Socks. Sleepwear. All have been forgotten before.
- Some sort of hat because trust me you will not be pretty after a 10 hour flight and should cover you’re hair.
- Layer clothing!
- Even if you’re going to a tropical paradise you’re going to want a jacket and some options with sleeves, make sure to bring that along with the tank tops.
- Tracy Murphy herself is a BIG scarf girl when it comes to planes- its a style piece, a blanket, and a pillow all wrapped into one!
- Wear comfortable shoes when you travel! I promise the airport security guards are not judging your less stylish shoe choice. Flip flops are not good for sprinting through the airport to make your connecting flight.
- Rain coat
- Download all your netflix shows onto your phone before your get the the airport because airport wifi is terrible.
- Chewing gum
- Earbuds, headphones, airpods, something. No one wants to spend $30 on the really terrible airport shop earbuds that break half way through your first episode and the left side never worked to begin with.
- Reusable water bottle. Be nice to the environment. Don’t spend $6 on a plastic water bottle in the airport.
- A book